Ireland votes in favor of EU fiscal
pact
955,091 Irishmen voted ”Yes”, compared with 629,088 against the
agreement.
A "No" would cause
Ireland not being able to get the emergency EU funding when the bailout package
ends in 2013.
The “Yes” camp had the dominant parties in the parliament. Sinn Fein and
the Socialist led the “No” camp, they have far fewer seats.
Voting “Yes” would enable investment and create jobs, Mr Kenny said.
Those who are against the treaty say that austerity is not working and
suggest that the country should instead default on debts at five nationalized
banks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18290987
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18290987
My Opinion
I think that the EU could really help Ireland. Every country should get
a chance to be helped. I really do hope that Ireland is not a country like
Greece. Just getting money and not doing anything for the country but just put
it in the richest pockets and ask for more. Ireland is a beautiful country and
I think we could help them. I really don’t
like defaulting debts. If you made the debt, pay it! Politics and economic aren’t
really my thing, but this is what I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment