Tuesday, June 5, 2012

'Let victims track crimes online'

Let crime victims track cases online, says IPPR

Being able to track the progress of your case when being a victim should be the future in England and Wales. Victim Support found that 50 % of victims did not get updates. The website ‘TrackMyCrime’http://www.trackmycrime.police.uk/ ,set up last year, allows people to follow the progress of their cases. Rob Beckley, deputy chief, said they introduced the site to keep victims informed about the status of their crime in a more streamlined and efficient way. When police enters information on their computers, it is automatically updated. Police hope the system would save officers time by reducing the need to call the public back.
My Opinion
I think that it is a very good idea for people to be able to follow their cases. I do think that they system needs to be sure that no one else can see personal information about cases. I think this site does reduce time that officers need to call people back. It does get a little impersonal I think, you’re not talking to your lawyer or whatever on the case but just looking it up on the internet. But this might be handy for some people.

1 comment:

  1. Good summary. You've included Rob Beckley's lines as well. So you incorporated an important source. It is also useful to actually see the site on which you can follow the progress of a case. Try to look after small spelling mistakes. "Said (that) they introduced etc." and "They system"->My Opinion.I really love your opinion. I would indeed rather talk to my lawyer than look up the status updates.

    ReplyDelete